Based in: Omaha, Nebraska
Reporting to: Director of Technology, Secure Payments (US)
PSS’s parent company Eckoh, is the global leader in secure payment products and customer contact solutions, supporting an international client base from its offices in the UK, US and Australia. Our large portfolio of clients come from a broad range of vertical markets and include government, telecoms, retailers, utilities, healthcare and financial services organizations among others. Eckoh has come to the US market with an urgency to help American businesses combat the overwhelming epidemic of credit card breaches plaguing US consumers. We are experts in security and combating payment fraud.
We are looking for a polished professional individual with ample experience in managing Linux systems utilizing the LAMP stack and desires an invigorating and growing work environment.
Key to the role is a personal desire to expand knowledge within the Linux and networking areas. Bringing existing skills to meet immediate needs working securely in a 24×7 production environment where we target 100% availability.
This role is based on a broad range of technologies and therefore provides an exciting opportunity to leverage existing and learn new skills. You will need excellent problem solving, and an analytical approach, along with exceptional communication, administration and organizational skills.
Eckoh is a PCI Level 1 Service Provider and as such experience in security management will be an advantage.
Key functional responsibilities:
- Day to day remote maintenance of Linux servers.
- Server builds to pre-defined standards.
- Set up and use/build/administer monitoring tools where required.
- Backup scheduling and testing.
- Other technical duties within the department as required, based on candidate skill set (Cisco networking and/or Java scripting a plus)
Your Skills and Knowledge
- Approachable, adaptable, and affable characteristics are a must for our company culture!
- Knowledge with managing Linux distributions.
- Good problem analysis and solving skills.
- Must work well in team settings, and independently.
- Excellent working practices with a strong security awareness.
- Excellent communications skills.
Excellent opportunity for the right individuals to really make their mark in a leading provider of hosted and onsite secure payment solutions.
This is a salary-based role. Additional incentives are offered including one-time bonuses per performance cycle. Full benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k) plan, PTO and a company discounts program for certain products and services.