One of the most successful technologies of the last 10 years has been has been IVR (Interactive Voice Response). IVR has proved to be a cheap and effective way of delivering some elements of self service as well as being the preferred way of routing and queuing customers to agents.
For most organizations the IVR has become the 1st line of contact for voice based interactions.
However it is not all good news. Research study after research study suggests that IVR is one of the most hated technologies for consumers. It is not that simple. Access to automated services like bank balances have proved as popular as the ATM.
Future of IVR
This means for the forseable future IVR will remain a vital channel. PSS support the complete lifecycle of IVR platforms from legacy through transition to the latest innovation such as Visual IVR.
- Most large organizations have legacy IVR infrastructure and or applications that they continue to support
- For some it is about return on investment in what was expensive technology and application development
- For others the complexity of their existing infrastructure inhibits strategic transition
PSS manages and supports one of the largest ranges of legacy IVR systems with expertise all over the world. If you have a problem “keeping the lights on” click here
- Modern IVR platforms provide a much broader range of services and applications than previous generations
- Applications can be written more quickly using more transportable code and improvements to the core technology of the IVR has provided the opportunity for better integration into the contact center and other services e.g. websites
- In addition a range of new technologies such as speech recognition, voice biometrics and emotion detection have added to the value of this generation of platforms
Modern platforms create modern challenges. From managing difficult realtionships with old suppliers to ensuring that the new suppliers are all working together. PSS has a unique understanding of which plarforms work with which applications and how to get the best of the transition process. We provide both techical expertise and risk management. To find out why 99% of our customers come back click here
- Over the next few years IVR will become a core element of the blended customer experience
- Its capabilities will be used to provide the glue between website, contact center, chat services, mobile apps and a range of other new technologies
- Its configuration of applications and network will be very different to current deployments
- Exciting innovation such as Visual IVR are already challenging conventional design
PSS is committed to ensuring that our customers have the clearest view of innovation. We sponsor some of the most advanced studies of the impact of innovation in order to differentiate between what is practical and where the line isbetween the leading edge and the bleeding edge. This investment ensures that we are able to offer our customers a real partnership rather than a supplier relationship when it comes to innovation. Our current research suggests that innovation will transform operating costs over the next 3-5 years – to understand more click here
How PSS can help your business:
To find out more about support of legacy IVR click here
To see how easily applications can be converted to VoiceXML click here
To learn out about the benefits of an IVR managed service click here
Discover how Visual IVR can drive a better customer experience click here
To understand more about the PSS help platform mode click here
To discuss any other IVR solution:
Call US: 877 289 7770
Call UK: 0800 012 4054