Companies are redefining their contact center customer service into a strategic method for gathering vital information to inform marketing direction and product development.
Whilst you can obtain valuable insights by monitoring your social media channels, adding insights from your contact center will provide a greater breadth and depth of information.
The contact center has always housed a large percentage of important interactions with customers, but have learned very little from these key touchpoints.
That’s changing. Newer technologies allow companies to extract deep insights from unstructured content like recorded calls, emails, and chat sessions. Leading companies will learn what drives satisfaction and loyalty, and use the information to change the products they sell, how they market their offerings, and how they service customers.
How to Employ This Contact Center Customer Service Strategy
Whether you monitor live or recorded calls, whether you use speech recognition technology software, or whether you train a special team of customer service strategy analysts to listen to your customers just like you train quality analysts to listen to your agents, understanding the customer’s point of view is invaluable in knowing in which direction the company needs to move to improve its Contact Center Customer Service.
Some things to listen for include:
- What your customers are saying about your products and your company
- Why they buy your products—and why they donot buy them
- The navigation difficulties customers face when trying to find information or place an order on your website
- Which calls could be handled quicker and less expensively with a self-service option
- How your customers are reacting to promotions
- What your customers have to say about their online shopping experience
- Reasons for low sales conversions that are beyond your sales team’s control
- What customers most frequently complain about
Whether you go high tech or low tech, start listening today. Your customers will thank you for it!
Contact Center Customer Service